The mission of the Senior Center is to promote and provide, in a comfortable and friendly setting – social, educational, nutritional, and recreational programs that will enrich the lives and overall well-being of Seniors throughout our community. Come join our Senior Center! Meeting new friends, learn how to stay healthy and most of all have FUN.
About Our Center
Our philosophy is based on the premise that aging is a normal process: that human beings need peers with whom they can interact, who are available as a source of encouragement and support. Our multi-purpose Senior Center was established to provide nutritional health services to Seniors in their communities. The programs, projects and activities are designed to help meet individual and community needs as well as contribute to the welfare of Senior Center clients age 60 plus. Call 706-918-3149 for more information.
Flag Day Ceremony: Woodmen Life Royston Chapter #251 held a Flag Day Ceremony on Friday, June 14, 2019 at the Franklin County Senior Center. Woodmen Life presented the Seniors with a flag and new flag pole that was installed by the Franklin County Road Department.
- Congregate Meals
- Home Delivered Meals
- Transportation Services (Congregate Meal Program Clients)
- Nutrition Programs
- Exercise (Low Impact)
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Free Legal Services
- Ombudsman (Liaison Between Clients & Assisted Living/Nursing Home)
- Crafts, Bingo, Dominoes, Crochet, Cards & Fellowship
- SCSCP Program (Employment for people 55 + years young)
- Trips (At least once per month) Ex: Shopping, Site Seeing, etc. (Congregate Meal Program Clients)