The purpose of Planning & Zoning is to promote health, safety, convenience, order, prosperity, and general welfare of the present and future inhabitants of Franklin County. The staff strives to promote sound development and growth management concepts in accordance with a comprehensive plan for the development and conservation of Franklin County. The Planning & Zoning Department is committed to serving the community by providing an orderly procedure for the planning, zoning, and permitting processes that are efficient and sensitive to community needs. Responsibilities include:
- Plat Approvals
- Zoning/Rezoning Issues
- Conditional Use Permits
- Variance Requests
- Occupational Tax
- Prepares and administers the monthly planning commission meetings, including preparing the agenda and maintaining the official minutes.
- Subdivision of land, major or minor subdivision applications.
- Amendments to the zoning ordinances
- Site plan reviews for proposed developments
- Amendments to and adoption of the Comprehensive Plan