- Building permits
- Manufactured home permits
- Plat Approvals: Please email electronic plats (.pdf) to email@example.com for Planning Director review/approval
- Zoning and Rezoning Issues
The purpose of Planning & Zoning is to promote health, safety, convenience, order, prosperity and general welfare of the present and future inhabitants of Franklin County. The staff strives to promote sound development and growth management concepts in accordance with a comprehensive plan for the development and conservation of Franklin County. The Planning & Zoning Department is committed to serve the community by providing an orderly procedure for the planning, zoning, and permitting processes that is efficient and sensitive to community needs.
FRANKLIN COUNTY BUILDING AND INSPECTIONS PROPOSED DRAFT
On May 6, 2019, the Franklin County Board of Commissioners approved the first reading of a proposed Building and Inspections Ordinance. The ordinance is in draft format and subject to change.
The draft ordinance is available for public review. An electronic version of the draft ordinance can be found by clicking the link below or a hard copy is available at the Board of Commissioners office at 141 Athens Road, Carnesville, GA.
Public comment is welcome. You may email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org please include “Inspections Program” in the subject line.
- Scott DeLozier, Planning Director
- Harold Gillespie, Chairman
- Carolee Coker
- Guerry Hall
- Erika Hewatt
- Susan Russell
FORMS: Click the links below to view/print documents
- Building Permit Checklist and Application
- Conditional Use Checklist and Conditional Use Permit Application
- Electric Service Pole Specifications
- Inspectors List
- Manufactured Home Permit Application 2014
- Manufactured Homes Ordinance 2014
- Minimum Pre-Owned Standards Checklist
- Qualified Inspector Definition
- Zoning Change Request Checklist and Rezoning Application
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Variance Checklist and Variance Request
- Zoning Regulations – Poultry Setbacks Revised March 28, 2017