- Building permits
- Manufactured home permits
- Plat Approvals: Please email electronic plats (.pdf) to email@example.com for Planning Director review/approval
- Zoning and Rezoning Issues
The purpose of Planning & Zoning is to promote health, safety, convenience, order, prosperity and general welfare of the present and future inhabitants of Franklin County. The staff strives to promote sound development and growth management concepts in accordance with a comprehensive plan for the development and conservation of Franklin County. The Planning & Zoning Department is committed to serve the community by providing an orderly procedure for the planning, zoning, and permitting processes that is efficient and sensitive to community needs.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: PLANNING AND ZONING DIRECTOR
- The Franklin County Board of Commissioners (BOC) is seeking a qualified professional for the position of Planning and Zoning Director, which is responsible for a variety of code enforcement and zoning functions. Primary tasks are interpreting and enforcing zoning ordinances, issuing of permits and the collecting of permit fees, and directing and participating in the building inspection process. The Planning and Zoning Director must be able to address any questions or concerns about the activities of the Department through strong customer service skills and a thorough knowledge of Franklin County zoning ordinances and building codes.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and specialized training in the field of work. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Alternatively, a combination of education, training, as well as experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job is required. The applicant must obtain International Code Council certification as a Zoning Inspector within one year of employment. Knowledge of Franklin County Zoning Regulations and other land development/use ordinances land development regulations.
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references to:
- Franklin County Board of Commissioners
- Attn: Beth Thomas
- P.O. Box 159/ 141 Athens St. Carnesville, GA 30521
- For a detailed job description or additional questions, please contact Beth Thomas at 706-384-2483 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Only the most qualified and suitable candidates will receive an interview, and Franklin County reserves the right to reject any applications received, including late applications.
Franklin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FRANKLIN COUNTY BUILDING AND INSPECTIONS PROPOSED DRAFT
On May 6, 2019, the Franklin County Board of Commissioners approved the first reading of a proposed Building and Inspections Ordinance. The ordinance is in draft format and subject to change.
The draft ordinance is available for public review. An electronic version of the draft ordinance can be found by clicking the link below or a hard copy is available at the Board of Commissioners office at 141 Athens Road, Carnesville, GA.
Public comment is welcome. You may email your comments to email@example.com please include “Inspections Program” in the subject line.
FORMS: Click the links below to view/print documents
- Building Inspection Request For Proposal
- Building Permit Application
- Conditional Use Permit Application
- Electric Service Pole Specifications
- Inspectors List
- Manufactured Home Permit Application 2014
- Manufactured Homes Ordinance 2014
- Minimum Pre-Owned Standards Checklist
- Qualified Inspector Definition
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Variance Request
- Zoning Regulations – Poultry Setbacks Revised March 28, 2017