PLANNING AND ZONING DIRECTOR
- The Franklin County Board of Commissioners (BOC) is seeking a qualified professional for the position of Planning and Zoning Director, which is responsible for a variety of code enforcement and zoning functions. Primary tasks are interpreting and enforcing zoning ordinances, issuing of permits and the collecting of permit fees, and directing and participating in the building inspection process. The Planning and Zoning Director must be able to address any questions or concerns about the activities of the Department through strong customer service skills and a thorough knowledge of Franklin County zoning ordinances and building codes.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and specialized training in the field of work. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Alternatively, a combination of education, training, as well as experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job is required. The applicant must obtain International Code Council certification as a Zoning Inspector within one year of employment. Knowledge of Franklin County Zoning Regulations and other land development/use ordinances land development regulations.
- Interested candidates should submit a resume and three references to:
- Franklin County Board of Commissioners
- Attn: Beth Thomas
- P.O. Box 159/ 141 Athens St. Carnesville, GA 30521
- For a detailed job description or additional questions, please contact Beth Thomas at 706-384-2483 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Only the most qualified and suitable candidates will receive an interview, and Franklin County reserves the right to reject any applications received, including late applications.
Franklin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Board Appointed Positions
The Franklin County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested citizens with a desire to serve for the following boards:
- Joint Development Authority
- Planning Commission Board: This position will be appointed to fill the unexpired portion of the term which will end on January 1, 2022.
Applications can be downloaded at the link below or picked up from the Franklin County Board of Commissioners at 141 Athens Street, Carnesville, GA 30521. For more information or questions contact Elaine Evans at 706-384-2483.
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for the position of Jailer. Completed applications need to be turned into the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office. Please click the following links for more information.
Franklin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer