Link to website: www.thinkfranklinga.com
The mission of the FRANKLIN COUNTY INDUSTRIAL BUILDING AUTHORITY is to create, maintain, and focus a program of responsible economic development through which public and private leadership can address the economic growth of the County and its incorporated cities. The Authority is also a member of the Joint Development Authority of Franklin, Hart, and Stephens Counties and is committed to participating in economic development activities that benefit our region of Northeast Georgia.
- Improve investments and the tax base of our cities and our county
- Create employment opportunities for the citizens of the county
- Promote community involvement of civic, industry and
business leaders in the Economic Development process
- Maintain an active business / industry retention program
- Market the County’s assets through private and State organizations
- The Authority Board of Directors is made up of the Mayors of the five incorporated cities, and two (5 year term) appointees by the County Commission.
AUTHORITY BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Chairman: Harris Little — Mayor, Carnesville
- David Jordan — Mayor, Royston
- Lee Moore — Mayor, Franklin Springs
- Ray Morgan — Mayor, Canon
- Ralph Owens — Mayor, Lavonia
- Cary Bennett–County Appointee
- John Hylton–County Appointee
- Eddie Wester – Ex-Officio (BOC)
- Andrea J. Grant — Legal Counsel
The Authority is supported by a full time Director of Economic Development, who reports to the Authority, and an administrative assistant, who also serves as the Director of Chamber Services for the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce. The Franklin County Chamber of Commerce, located in Carnesville, provides office space and support to the Authority. The Franklin County Industrial Building Authority is one of only 7 industrial authorities created by constitutional amendment (Georgia Laws – 1962 Session – pages1103>1108).