Franklin County EMS employs 26 full-time employees. Each shift consists of 8 EMS personnel manning 4 ALS units 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Franklin County EMS consists of 4 EMS stations located in Carnesville, Franklin Springs, Lavonia and Double Churches Community.
In 2013, Franklin County EMS responded to 4,347 emergency calls which resulted in 2,800 hospital transports. We are committed to providing the citizens of Franklin County with the best patient care possible.
Franklin County 911
The Franklin County 911 Center operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and is responsible for:
- Answering emergency and non-emergency calls for service within Franklin County, City of Carnesville, City of Lavonia, City of Royston, City of Canon, and the City of Franklin Springs.
- Dispatching appropriate public safety departments to calls of service based on location.
- Coordinating multi-agency responses to calls that require the response of more that one department.
- Processing public safety personnel field initiated requests.
- Maintaining computerized records of calls for service for all Public Safety Departments.
In 2013, Franklin County 911 answered 17,993 emergency calls and answered a total of 30,000 calls of emergency and non-emergency combined.
It’s more than a job, it’s a calling. Already an AEMT, EMT-I or Paramedic? Contact us today to review our open positions and benefits. Thinking about a career in EMS? If you are ready for a challenge that allows you make a difference in your community, contact us and let us help you get started! We have great relationships with our local and state training centers to help you jump start your career.