The Franklin County Board of Registrations and Elections was created through local legislation in the Georgia General Assembly. The members of the board collectively serve as the superintendent of elections and the chief registrar for the county. They are appointed and serve two year terms. They are appointed as follows: two by the Franklin County Democratic Party; two by the Franklin County Republican Party; the fifth member and chairman is appointed by the Superior Court Judge. The Elections Supervisor is hired by the county and supervises the day-to-day affairs of the Voter Registration and Elections Office.
Additional information may also be found at the Georgia Secretary of State’s website.
For information regarding voter registration or absentee balloting, please visit the Voter Registration or Absentee Voting webpage or call 706.384.4390.
Members of the Franklin County Board of Elections & Registration
- Douglas T. Kidd, Chairman – Term: 05/01/2017-12/31/2020
- Sherry MacDonald, Democratic Party Member – Term: 4 Years 01/01/2020-01/01/2024
- Angela Whidby, Republican Party Member – Term: 4 Years 01/01/2020-01/01/2024
- Rosemary Jackson, Democratic Party Member – Term: 4 Years 01/01/2020-01/01/2024
- Roman Strickland, Republican Party Member – Term: 4 Years 05/01/2017-12/31/2020
Board Members Sworn In:
2019: Rosemary Jackson-Democratic Representative, Angela Whidby-Republican Representative, and Sherry MacDonald – Democratic Representative
Board Meeting Schedule:
Meetings are held on the following dates at the Franklin County Elections & Registration Office located at 7850 Royston Rd, Carnesville, GA 30521. All interested parties are welcome to attend.
September 18, 2019 Hearing Minutes (available at the Board of Elections Office)
Feb. 12, 2018 Minutes
2017 Meeting Schedule:
2016 Meeting Schedule:
Monday, January 25, 2016 @ 5:00 p.m. Agenda