The mission of the Elections and Registration Office is to register citizens of Franklin County to vote; to ensure that elections are free, impartial, fair, accurate, convenient and accessible to all voters; to encourage voter participation; to provide excellent customer service to voters, candidates and the media; and to help the public understand and follow all laws, rules and regulations set by Federal, State and Local Laws, as well as the State Election Board.
This office is responsible for voter registration for Franklin County and all municipalities in the county. In addition, this office is responsible for the following duties:
- Qualifying Candidates seeking election (County, Non Partisan and other Parties as requested)
- Printing of ballots and programming the Voting Machines
- Coordinating Vote Centers and making sure locations are ADA compliant
- Training and Placement of Poll Officials
- Preparing Supplies and Equipment used at Vote Centers
- Consolidating of Election Results
- Maintenance and Logic & Accuracy Testing of all Election Equipment
- Act as a Filing Officer for all Elected Officials and Candidates
- Conduct all Elections (Federal, State, County, and Municipalities)
The Franklin County Board of Elections and Registration Office attends to the day-to-day registration and updating of files of Franklin County voters. On even-numbered years the office prepares for local, state, and national elections. On odd-numbered years the office conducts some of the county municipal elections.
- The Secretary of State’s Office has established a secure website and free-access telephone number for provisional ballot voters to access to determine whether their provisional ballots were counted and if not, the reason why. The website is http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/check_your_provisional_ballot_status_for_november_6_2018_election
- The free access number is 1-844-537-5375.
- You can also contact our office, the Franklin County Board of Elections and Registration at (706)384-4390.
- 2019 Election Calendar
- 2020 Election Calendar
- Absentee/Advance Voting
- Absentee Voting By Mail
- Advance In Person Voting
- Board of Education District Map
- Candidate Qualifying
- Change of Residence
- District Maps
- Franklin County Elected Officials Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Provisional Voting
- Voter ID Requirements
- Absentee Voting Application
- Poll Worker Online Application or Poll Worker Paper Application
- Voter Registration: Register online or Application