The mission of the Elections and Registration Office is to register citizens of Franklin County to vote; to ensure that elections are free, impartial, fair, accurate, convenient and accessible to all voters; to encourage voter participation; to provide excellent customer service to voters, candidates and the media; and to help the public understand and follow all laws, rules and regulations set by Federal, State and Local Laws, as well as the State Election Board.
This office is responsible for voter registration for Franklin County and all municipalities in the county. The Elections Office performs duties as mandated by federal, state, and local laws. Listed below are some of the duties the Elections Office is responsible for:
- Registering voters and maintaining the voter registration files.
- Administering and conducting all federal, state, county and special elections.
- Assist military and overseas civilian voters with delivery of ballots to cities all over the world.
- Test and prepare voting equipment.
- Voter education and outreach.
- Procuring all polling places and recruiting all poll workers in Franklin County.
- Acting as filing officer for campaign disclosure reports and financial disclosure statements for candidates and elected officials.